Platelets are one of the major components of our blood that comprises of red blood cells (RBC), white blood cells (WBC), platelets and plasma. Platelets play the prime role in stopping bleeding by clotting the blood and repairing damage. Platelets or ‘thrombocytes’ are active agents in regenerating tissues, improving blood circulation, increasing cytokines, stimulating hair follicles and refining their functionality.
PRP is Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy is a ground breaking non-surgical, three-step medical treatment for effective regeneration of hair. PRP or Platelet-Rich Plasma means a certain amount of plasma that has a high concentration of platelets. The procedure involves drawing blood from the person about to undergo this treatment, processing the blood through ‘centrifugation’ and then injecting it into the scalp.
Benefits of PRP Therapy:
There are ample benefits of PRP Therapy for treating hair loss. A few are highlighted in the following:
- Dramatically slows down or stops hair fall altogether, almost immediately
- Thinning hair gradually regrows into thick and glossy strands
- Boosts the health and condition of the scalp
- Encourages collagen synthesis
- Has very less recovery time and the whole process of treatment is quite quick (60-90mins)
- Is helpful in furthering hair growth post hair transplant surgery
- Promotes completely natural hair growth
Basic Parameters Necessary for PRP Therapy:
You are eligible for a PRP Therapy treatment only if you are not
- On blood thinning medication
- A regular heavy smoker
- A drug addict and never were so
- Suffering from chronic infections
- A cancer patient
- Suffering from and liver, skin or blood related disease
- A thyroid patient
- Affected with Sepsis and
- Do not have a low platelet count in your blood
(There are a couple of other points of concern as well, but those are usually more serious health conditions best explained by the doctors.)
Platelet-Rich Plasma or PRP Therapy is one of the most well-known modern day treatments used to help turn around hair loss issues. Book an appointment with our Doctor to learn more about how this treatment can help you achieve desired results.